Memorial Day signals the start of summer for many of us. As soon as school is out, vacation season begins…and that means ROAD TRIPS! In preparation for your journey, here are some recommendations for stories of road trips:
- On the Road, Jack Kerouac
- Wild, Cheryl Strayed
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, H. S. Thompson
- The Lost Continent, Bill Bryson
- Travels with Charley, John Steinbeck
- Blue Highways, William Least Heat Moon
- Into the Wild, Jon Krakauer
- A Walk Across America, Peter Jenkins
- Angels, Denis Johnson
- American Nomads, Richard Grant
- The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, Tom Wolfe
I’m on a road trip of sorts myself, spending time with family. To celebrate the holiday, we took a trip to California to visit Sue Popik, Steven Leonard and their gang, which now includes three little grandsons. It was a Boy-O-Rama! Here’s a photo of Sue and the little guys taken a few months ago by Steven Leonard.
If you enjoy reading these Monday Musings, don’t forget to subscribe.